International expatriate management: views on trends ahead
There are over 56 million expatriates worldwide, as global talents play a key role in companies’ expansion into new markets and overall international growth.
In this video interview, produced by the magazine Finance Director Europe, Raf Leemans, senior director international compensation & benefits at The Rezidor Hotel Group, and Ludovic Bayard, GEB general manager, share their experiences and views on trends and challenges ahead.
What are the key highlights?
- Expatriate employees are crucial to transfer the expertise and company’s culture into new territories.
- Balancing the need to support growth and the need to manage benefits costs is a hot topic for the leadership.
How to choose your benefits providers?
- Benefits providers are called on to reduce and simplify complexity.
- Working with a global network makes it easier for companies to operate across countries.
Among the main advantages:
- One entry point to contracts geographically dispersed
- Seamless continuation of benefits when employees relocate
What are the main challenges ahead?
- Supporting employees to have longer as well as healthier working lives
- Stepping up investment on prevention at work, with healthcare and well-being programmes, and, beyond the work environment, ensuring sustainable retirement conditions.
This article was provided by Generali Employee Benefits.
Read the next article
- Benefits Technology Sponsored by JLT Employee Benefits
- Bonus & Pay Sponsored by Innecto
- Company Cars Sponsored by Tusker
- Employee Engagement Sponsored by Reward Gateway
- Employee Share Plans
- Financial Wellness Sponsored by Close Brothers
- Flexible Benefits
- Group Risk Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Sponsored by Health Shield
- International Benefits
- Staff Motivation
- Tax Efficient Benefits
- Total Reward
- Voluntary Benefits
- Workplace Pensions
- Future Predictions
- Workforce Demographics
- For SME employers Sponsored by Busy Bees Benefits
- REBA members' articles
- News Round-up
- REBA news
- Research reports
Sign up for REBA Professional Membership and join our community
Professional Membership benefits include receiving the REBA weekly email alert, gaining access to free research and free opportunities to attend specialist conferences.
Professional Membership is currently complimentary for qualifying reward and benefits practitioners.Join REBA today